Board index Discussion Music Discussion

Skrillex Talk

Talk about all music related topics
Post a reply
68 posts • Page 1 of 71, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7

Skrillex Talk

Postby Agent Orange » Wed May 25, 2011 11:16 pm

(Also posted this on another forum, I just wanted to share my opinion on his music) :

Ok, so I downloaded the track Reptile, and loooove those cheeky samples - not too serious, but I do like playing that loud...

So I decided to download other stuff he did and compile a playlist of about 20 tracks. I played the list, and what the fuck. This dude... SKRILLEX he calls himself, pretty much repeats himself over and over and over again. What cheap music he makes. I can't believe someone could stand more than 3 tracks of this junk bullshit. Litterally ALL tracks are based on the same type of sounds and samples, and somehow it sounds like he's trying so fucking hard to be so badass, that - to me - he completely fails.

How anyone could be addicted to this is beyond me. At first I was blown away by how hard hitting the track is... and pretty much everyone is talking about him, so you know... I'd expect him to be quite something. He's a faker to me, just overdoing the style completely. Overkilling it so much, that the dubstep/raw/nasty (and for fuck's sake that fucking stupid word 'dirty') music looks like childsplay now.

Can we move along to our next abomination. This 'dirty' stuff is pretty much the same shit as pop. Too much, too much of the same shit, too boring, too basic, too overcooked.

Please, I wish I only knew Reptile. I expected creative ideas and tracks that level up the genre and twist it in new directions. Same shit, different day. Like Pendulum. Yeah, that's it. SKRILLEX is to Wo-Wo-WobbleBobble StubDep what Pendulum is too Uhn-Tk Uhntk D'nB.

I wonder what the next abomination will be to a genre... And would SKRILLEX still be as 'bad ass' when he wasn't called SKRILLEX? Sounds like a toxic chemical bad ass nasty fucking sick insanely mental motherfucker, yet... he's just a clown, 'song of the week' type of guy. Populair music is so fucking stupid lately. Just comparing dicks, see who has the largest WobbleBobble in his pants. SKRILLEX has one big BobbleWobble. Turn up the subwoofer up to ten, and then you understand how fucking GREAT his music is. Listen to the wobble... it's DIRTY man. Listen, your eardrums will fuckin hurt, now THAT'S the fucking shit, right. THAT is GOOD music. I'm so fucking cool when I drive 15 miles and hour with my windows open and SKRILLEX is BANGING with his WobbleBobble. THIS IS MUSIC. I feel so fucking cool when I bang this shit. I would BANG the SUBWOOFER.

YOU KNOW WHAT GIVES YOU EARGASMS, STARTS WITH AN S AND ENDS WITH AN X?

SKRILLEX, motherfucker. He's the 2012 of modern music.

Fuck you. And fuck bad taste.
Agent Orange
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Re: Skrillex Talk

Postby Aquila » Thu May 26, 2011 12:35 am

wow dude, I don't think I've ever heard you rant as harshly as this before. U ok?
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Mo » Thu May 26, 2011 4:24 am

Hahah, awesome.

Never heard of him.

I'll check him out though after that rant =)
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby Highvoltage » Thu May 26, 2011 11:05 am

You spoke from my heart dude, but i have to confess i dont give a damn shit about the guy. Let him have his 15 minutes of fame. It's not just him, the whole 'dubstep' shit is flooded with unimaginative crap. Man, its a subgenre of a subgenre of an already limited genre. What do you expect?
Its like the cheapest house/trance music. You got the formula.

I remember a hilarious comment on one forum talking about trance tunes:
"wait... isn't trance just one very-very long track?"
Now that stands correct here also.

Why get so upset about it? There are TONNES of other very crap music out there. And always been. It's just the age of youtube, so you actually hear them all. HEHEEHE. For example Ulonix.
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Aquila » Thu May 26, 2011 11:07 am

On the other hand, that dude has found a niche and exploited it for a few bob. Something I haven't managed to do. Yet.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Agent Orange » Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am

Aquila wrote:wow dude, I don't think I've ever heard you rant as harshly as this before. U ok?

Sorries, had some drinks... and my iTunes was on random and somehow he pissed me off, 'cause I was listening to my favorites playlist. Apparently some douche decided to put some SKILL-LESS in this list (which consists mainly of Beatles, Chems, some Mike Tournier work and Radiohead). Can you imagine the pain I suffered when listened to Beatles - With a Little Help From My Friends and after that somehow iTunes picks SKILL-LESS - Scatta?

I hope you understand that this is NOT ACCEPTABLE. :(

Anyway, yeah at first the tracks sound hard hitting and all, but I was already done with his music after trying to listen all his tracks (just to see what the fuss is all about). People commenting on youtube all pretend SKILL-LESS music to be sex. Pathetic.

Happy for this emo kid (he sung in some sort of a band) that he discovered a niche... but to me he's just like Justin Bieber, only for WobbleBobble. Oh, and the amount of youtube tutorials on how to create his growls, synths and stuff... too much.

Oh well. I fixed my playlist, and I'll definitely continue listening to that. Case closed. :lol:
Agent Orange
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Postby Jesse Gorter » Thu May 26, 2011 5:27 pm

It's boring.
I just listened.
durrr who cares?
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

Postby ulonix » Fri May 27, 2011 5:53 am

Highvoltage wrote:
Why get so upset about it? There are TONNES of other very crap music out there. And always been. It's just the age of youtube, so you actually hear them all. HEHEEHE. For example Ulonix.

Check my last project N.W ajajj!
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby Darkwave » Fri May 27, 2011 6:09 am

Agent Orange wrote:SKILL-LESS - Scatta
loool
Scatta/σκατά means shit in Greek...at least he is honest.
◄ḋαякẘ@ṽℯ►
Darkwave
Major
Major

Postby Laurie » Fri May 27, 2011 7:05 am

It's annoying how Skrillex (and Mt Eden) are on the scene because their high popularity makes them the face of dubstep for a lot of people. And those are some bloody ugly faces.

Dubstep can be beautiful, melodic, and really give me a sense of euphorica when done right. A lot of people probably won't even look deeper into the genre now because they'll think every track is just an attempt to sound 'filthier' than the last. I like a lot of the heavier variety as well, and I know some people on here do like Skrillex, but most people I come across think that all dubstep sounds the same.

That's why I dislike Skrillex, though I can acknowledge that the music he puts out is his choice and he should have that freedom.
Laurie
Major
Major

68 posts • Page 1 of 71, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
Post a reply