Board index Discussion Music Discussion

Skrillex Talk

Talk about all music related topics
Post a reply
68 posts • Page 6 of 71 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Re: Skrillex Talk

Postby Darkwave » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Highvoltage wrote:
Darkwave wrote:that's not that bad caz we've all been there...The worst part is when they ask unspecific questions about...-the sound-. :lol:

No, i never been there, and i don't think you either. I HAVE FUCINKG LEARNT TO USE THE GODDAMNED SYNHTS. On my own. As anybody can. Press all buttons, and you know what does what. :D whooah i feel lighter :)

i totally agree about the learning thing.
I only disagree about the last thing you said about the basics of sound synthesis.
The first years i started making music i remember myself spending a lot of time with synths trying to learn them experimenting and all... but i was confusing types of waveforms especially high-pitched sawtooth with squares or low pitched sinwaves with triangles ect. I don't think it's that terrible for a starter to confuse different types of waves and it can't stop him from copying a sound.
◄ḋαякẘ@ṽℯ►
Darkwave
Major
Major

Postby Laurie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm

The real question is: do you folks use a sine or square wave for the sub bass? Or are you even more daring and use a triangle wave?
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby 100NAMES » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I use a triangle wave but I rarely admit it. I think its because I fuck so much.
I became fucking blind that night. | http://www.soundcloud.com/nim_music
100NAMES
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Highvoltage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 am

100NAMES wrote:I use a triangle wave but I rarely admit it. I think its because I fuck so much.

LOL!?
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Highvoltage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 am

Laurie wrote:The real question is: do you folks use a sine or square wave for the sub bass? Or are you even more daring and use a triangle wave?

I think it depends on the situation, if you already have a present midrange bass, a sine will be enough, for it only takes its own frequency and nothing else. But you might need some extra harmonics from the sub anyway, and saturate the sine a little, but thats basically slowly turning the sine into a squareish wave :) If you filter a square, you will have much more harmonics (depending on the lowpass amount/slope) that will help the sub to be audible. Maybe that's better if you want to use it alone. Or ask deadmous5
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Laurie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:47 pm

What I'm about to announce may excite you. You may smile a little. You may even produce a little bit of wee in your pants.

Korn is releasing a dubstep album. And some of it is produced by Skrillex.

Lolwut
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby Highvoltage » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 am

yeah i heard this, and it did neither of those 3 to me :) altho this one is the least shit of all skriskslx
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NEOREV » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm still a little wary about this Korn dubstep album... it just seems... strange.
but then again they haven't released anything worthwhile since Issues...
so i welcome this change, hopefully better than the last 3-4 shit albums they put out.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Laurie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Almost as odd as Drum and Bass Bowie
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby NEOREV » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Actually, David Bowie's album "Earthling" is one of my guilty pleasures. Not a huge Bowie fan, it is a different album for him, but liked the overall production on it.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

68 posts • Page 6 of 71 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post a reply