Board index Discussion Music Discussion

Particle Dance stems now up!

Talk about all music related topics
Post a reply
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Particle Dance stems now up!

Postby NEOREV » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:13 am

Hey peeps!

Recently, I uploaded the two tracks "Children Of The Bomb" and "Particle Dance" off the new album. I'm looking to see if the talented and diverse basterds of MP wanna do a remix of either one. It's gonna be for a separate downloadable EP to go along with the album release in August. ;)

I apologize for not going through with the "Slaughterhouse" remix EP since I saw that there was some interest here on the boards. At the time, I was in a void of no new music. A complete mental and spirit block of writing. This lasted for the whole first 3rd of 2011. For the past 2 years, I played a decent amount of shows to showcase "Lines & Shapes" with only a few solid new songs and just finishing up some ideas leftover from that era. And another remix EP from "L&S" was a last desperate attempt to try and, at least, put out something during this period of writer's block. I wasn't 100% behind the idea and, honestly, sick of "Lines & Shapes" lol.

So I apologize for the lack of info.

But then, in April...
:twisted: BAM! :twisted:

I had a huge and sudden burst of inspiration. I dropped Acid (hehehe, not what it sounds like.) as my main mixing program and moved over to Ableton. Let me remind, this was version 4, yes version 4 of Acid lol. Everything up until "Children Of The Bomb' was mixed in that... I was a little behind with the times. But, I always used Ableton for my live shows, just never actually wrote a full on track in it. The entire new album was written in it. I don't know how much I can stress that it is a much, much different album than "Lines & Shapes." I'm psyched and really proud of it. I feel it's a step forward in the right direction. It feels more fluid and alive. Not 100% dubstep, but the influence is there... at least in the low end, where I feel "L&S" lacked I relied on the 4x4 kicks too much. I wanted to challenge myself. So I dropped the 4 on the floors. I went back to the beats and I delve more into atmospheric stuff. "L&S" feels rigid and loopy ... and kinda dry to me now. Only a couple of tracks will make it over to the new live set completely reworked. For example, check out the "Oh No! (Doomsday Mix)" that I uploaded as well. And yes, I promise, it's the most dubsteppy track that I have. :)
"Gangrenesta" and "Hard Style" sit nicely amongst the new tracks live.

Sorry about the rant... but yeah any remixers out there?

P.S.
I'm so sorry Yeah Geil for not given ya those "Concept" remix files, dude. I f---ed that up! :oops:
It completely slipped my mind.
When opening Acid the other day after a looooong time to find some files, this thought...
"Sh!t!, I didn't give that dude those files!"
...came to my mind. Sorry bro! :oops:
If you are still interested, let me know and I'll get them to ya. If not, well yeah, I understand, since it's been a long a$$ f---ing time.

P.P.S.
Yo Lothario, can you give me a good HQ copy of the MP logo for print?
Not Erin's script one for the CD, the old/real/colorful one we used to have as the header.
I want it on the physical CD when I get it printed. A true Midi Bear/Music Playground release!
Not gonna go crazy at first with the amount that I'm getting printed. So the first initial release might have some extras on it for those who purchase the first batch to help move me in printing a larger amount the next time.
I'll be using some of my points for some front page time when this bad boy is ready to go, mate. 8-)

Damn!
I don't shut up.
HV you better watch out! I'm coming for your long/detailed whatever post award, mofo!
Last edited by NEOREV on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Re: New tracks, any remixers?

Postby NEOREV » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 am

P.P.P.S
I love you all.

:!: MUAH :!:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Mo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:37 pm

If you can send me the parts, I'll have a good think about this... If that's cool??
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby MoozeBlaster » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:13 pm

i can make a cool remix for you.
MoozeBlaster
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Thermonuclearity » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:37 pm

me too!
don't worry about blocks of writing. it comes and goes. "gangrenesta" - still a favorite of mine. sick.. (oh, wait, forgot how i hate this word when it comes to describing music) - "bomb" tune!
Thermonuclearity
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Att. rmxrz: "Particle Dance" stems now up

Postby NEOREV » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:29 am

Alrighty friends,

You can now download the original wav file and stems for "Particle Dance" here.

"Children Of The Bomb" stems will be up over the weekend.
Enjoy, and most of all, do ya thang and have fun with it.

<3,
Mike

P.S.
Oh, on a side note... I will be performing on a local college radio station starting late night at midnight EST on Sunday, August 14th and going into the early morning hours of the 15th. It's on Stony Brook University's 90.1 FM WUSB radio station. Tune in live on there site. Gonna give a shout out to the MP family. It's actually been a good start for BK/NekoBeats/MP crew with tomlad, a.k.a. Supersonic Army, getting himself in a local newspaper where he lives.
NEOREV

Re: Particle Dance stems now up!

Postby Mo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:57 am

Downloading now, hopefully I'll get to have a play with them this weekend... cheers for the upload! I'll let you know if I come up with anything of course.

Do you think you could remind us about your radio gig again about 24 hours before it's due on or something? My memory is wank! =D

Oh and a little unrelated kind of, but just wanted to say that I really love your website still, always a pleasure to have a goosey-gander on there!

Hope you're well =)
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Post a reply