Board index Discussion Music Discussion

The Guitars Thread

Talk about all music related topics
Post a reply
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

The Guitars Thread

Postby ulonix » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 am

I don't start threads too much, i usually write a few words, but now i want to talk about guitars, maybe not a favourite here in Music Playground, but for me has been a very refreshing experience learning how to play them , i'm new in this whole guitar thing, i got into them back in 2009 when i started the Two Tigers project, just wanna know if you guys play a little bit or have some experience with them, we could share tricks and other stuff.
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Re: The Guitars Thread

Postby Aquila » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 am

I like guitars. I just seldom use them because I have NFI how to play them. I tried learning once, but I couldn't stand the pain waiting for the callouses to form on my finger.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ulonix » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 am

yeah it's a bit difficult to get used , i've always played keyboards and you don't need to have callouses or anything to play them, and synths/daws always give you the chance to make everything sound perfect, but with guitars it's very different, if you make a mistake you don't have a piano roll to edit it heeheh
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby Highvoltage » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm

instead you have the wave editor thihihi
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Highvoltage » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:13 pm

just 2 months ago i wanted to record a guitar arpeggio, and couldnt play it for the love of god, so i recorded almost note by note, and and sequenced it.. hahaah so much for 'playing' the guitar
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Mo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I started playing when I was 11.. had lessons for four years, and taught myself after that. Don't play as much nowadays, just when I need some guitar for a track I'm making! =) Played in a couple of bands, and of course played some live as part of Grinny... And I've got callouses all four fingers on my left hand, and long finger nails on my right hand =D
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby shperaclu » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Also, electric guitars are a bitch to synthesize. I can't for the love of god make a decent electric guitar sound without painstakingly editing it for five hours. And I really think guitars give the fastest ear fatigue possible !
--- OH, REALLY ? ---
shperaclu
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Postby Necronomicon2 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:30 pm

I've played the electric guitar for about 15 years now. I'm not great at it because I just can't be bothered to put the time in that's needed. I can't do kick ass solos, but I can shred really fast metal riffs (like Slayer and Fear Factory). That's what I love to play so I don't really do much else. Except for punk, but anyone who picks up a guitar can play punk :P

Been in a couple of bands (punk, electro-punk, metal). Still in a metal one.

Guitars can be great for 'warming up' electronic music. You don't need to hear them to well, just mix them in under the synths so you only notice when you take them out. Works great for me.
..:: CAKE ::..
Necronomicon2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Post a reply