Board index Discussion Music Discussion

A fun idea for MP...

Talk about all music related topics
Post a reply
13 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

A fun idea for MP...

Postby NEOREV » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Ok, so I had this idea for a while for the artists of Music Playground to participate in. It'll be a look into each artist's musical upbringing. What if each of us made our own "BACK TO MINE" compilation and uploaded it here. This isn't a collection of what's hot right now or what's in the charts. This is a look into each members musical influences. There's a limit, it has to fit onto a CD. It'll be kinda like our podcasts, but a little more personal for each of us. It'll be nice to see what music has affected us over the years and helped us developed into the person/musician we are today. This is compilation, not a DJ mix. I don't believe tracks are mixed on the "BACK TO MINE" comps, but just played one after the other. So you really gotta go digging and soul searching. Which tracks over the course of your life have stuck with you over the years. Possibly even changed you as a person/human being/musician. Go deep, dig through those crates. This isn't about one style or genre. This encompasses everything. I don't know if we should just make a thread and everyone just uploads their collection once they're done or if we should organize it better and release it over a span of time. What do you guys think? You in? Thought it'll be fun for us all and get this place going... and it'll be quite enlightening to see what music has affected individual MP artists.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Re: A fun idea for MP...

Postby Mo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Ok cool !
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby Highvoltage » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:23 am

nice
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Aquila » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:21 am

my first podcast was pretty much exactly that
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re:

Postby NEOREV » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 pm

so how should we do this?

make a new thread for it...
and we all post of Back To Mines in there as they come along?

or...

each one has a thread of their own?

and...

should we make it a little more organized and have to submit them and they'd be put up in an orderly fashion?

or...

we just throw them up in the forum as they come along?
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Re:

Postby The Dead Mexican » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Great Idea! I did a Back to mine style compilation about a year ago, so it's ready to submit however you see fit
The Dead Mexican
Private
Private

Re:

Postby ElectroPioneer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Great idea indeed! chekin` deep in my soul...

Up for this option: "should we make it a little more organized and have to submit them and they'd be put up in an orderly fashion?"
http://www.mixcloud.com/ElectroPioneer/
I have arrived..
ElectroPioneer
Private
Private

Re:

Postby NEOREV » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:03 pm

ok cool,

i'm willing to help keep it all organized release-wise...
so when you are finished, send em over to me thru a PM and i'll post them in a new topic dedicated to our Back To Mines
be sure to send over a tracklisting along with it and for extra fun if you could whip up a little 500x500 cover art for it to distinguish each release from each other in the thread
make it special :)
NEOREV

Re:

Postby The Dead Mexican » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am

Can't seem to send the mp3 over in a PM, do we have to send a download link or am I just being thick?
The Dead Mexican
Private
Private

Postby Highvoltage » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:34 pm

I kinda did one, i wasn't sure how this works, but according to wikipedia, " what the artist would play at home after a night out, rather than as part of a nightclub session."

So these tracks should not necessarily relate to your musical progress. At least i took mine that way, cause after i selected 30 tracks in the first round i realized there was not a single electronic track there. But if it's ok, then i can upload somewhere.
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

13 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2
Post a reply