Board index Discussion Off Topic Discussion

Get the old tracks out and dust them off !

All non-music related discussion goes here
Post a reply
44 posts • Page 5 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Get the old tracks out and dust them off !

Postby NEOREV » Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 pm

man, how did i just discover this topic?

time to go digging!
gonna upload some uber-craptastic oldies for you listening displeasure
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby NEOREV » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:12 am

Here's the first time I ever messed with electronic music using the PS1 video game "MTV Music Generator." This was made entirely out of royalty free loops provided by the game on my old PlayStation back in late '99/'00. This originally recorded on a cassette tape that my old friend that I knew in high school took home and ripped to his computer for me, removing the hiss and cleaning up the audio a bit. It's not really original, but it was my first dabble with putting together a song and helped me understand structure a little bit.

http://www.neorevmusic.com/NR_SotA_2000.zip

But then I threw that all out the window with my next batch of music. This is a collection of old demos from 2000-2002 that spanned 3 CDs. I finally had my own computer and a cracked copy of Fruity Loops. Since I knew nothing about it, I just kinda did things my own certain way. The way I would write was that each change in the track was its own separate WAV. So when it's just the kick and snare going, there's your first WAV... then a bass comes in with the beat, the beat with the bass will be its own WAV... then the hi-hats kick in, so beat with hi-hats and bass will be the next WAV... so on and so forth. It was all done so I could use it in Sound Forge as a single track since I didn't know how to write a song in FL or have a mixing program like Acid (which I would use later). So there's no actual overlaying like you do with Acid, Ableton, etc. I didn't really fully understand Fruity Loops and its capabilities. I was kinda stubborn back then... still am. :) So everything was kept to be a single track, and each WAV was assembled from beginning to end as a single track with progressions being their own WAVs.

http://www.neorevmusic.com/NR_Demos2000-2002.zip

Next up...
Demos 2003-2005...

To be continued!
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Wolfen » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm not uploading any of my old tracks for shit. Even in shitty-track standards they were fucking awful.
Outlaw
Wolfen
Captain
Captain

Postby Jesse Gorter » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 pm

if people hardly comment on the new tracks why would they bother with the old ones :P
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

44 posts • Page 5 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post a reply