Board index Discussion Off Topic Discussion

Great. Brilliant. Fan-fucking-tastic...

All non-music related discussion goes here
Post a reply
54 posts • Page 5 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: Great. Brilliant. Fan-fucking-tastic...

Postby Aquila » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 am

Well, thinking and praying for Mike & Erin in NYC right now with Hurricane Sandy. Hope you guys are hanging in there OK. It's safe to say I pretty much know exactly what you're going through right now.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jesse Gorter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Aquila wrote:pretty much know exactly what you're going through right now.

I hope nothing concrete.

But you're right, I heard it on the news and Mike & Erin were in my mind imediately. Hang on there
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

Postby Mo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Yup. Keep cool.
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby NEOREV » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 am

Aww thanks everybody

Erin and I are fine. We are pretty much in the center of the Long Island. So it wasnt too bad. Lots of wind, but luckily not too much rain where we are. But man that wind went on for like 24 hours straight. Power was flickering on and off, but stayed on in the end. Cable and internet have been out since yesterday night though. Writing from my phone at the moment and its very slooooooow. I read 25% of the east coast phone towers are down and people could be without power for 10 days or more. Lots of areas by the water are completely flooded... Riverhead, Northport, Lindenhurst, Long Beach, etc... all fucked. I heard 10 houses in Lindenhurst caught fire and burned down because firetrucks couldnt get to em due to floods. LOTS of down trees. Me and Erin ventured out at like 8pm last night and both main streets in our neighborhood were blocked by giant trees blown down. New Jersey got slammed really hard. Heard Atlantic City boardwalk was destroyed and Hoboken train station was flooding thru the elevator shafts. Lower Manhattan is underwater along with parts of Brooklyn. Battery Park and Holland tunnels are flooded. World Trade Center site is flooded. Heard Hudson River has some smelly oil slick going thru it causing people to get sick. A crane on a skyscraper partially collapsed. Pretty wild end of the world shit going on. All trains are shut down all over. Long Island is pretty messed up and we just got the outer edge of it. Luckily it curved and went inland before... but unfortunate for Jersey. Today, we drove to our new place to see how it stood up to the storm, but our street was completely blocked on both sides from downed trees. We had to climb over to get to the house. Massive trees fell in our backyard, but the house is fine. No power there, but at least its okay after the storm. At least we still have power at our current place and have been just sitting around and watching dvds. Dont look like we are moving into the new place this week. But everyone is fine. Checked in on friends and fam, all is well. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Trying to find out as much info as I can of the devastation, but internet is sloooooow. And I hope the best for all my fellow east coasters recovering from this mess. Lots of damage spread across a huge area. Gonna be a big clean up bill.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Aquila » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Great to hear you're OK. Thanks for letting us know.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NEOREV » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:12 am

back in business... finally got internet back
my area was luckily spared from any real devastation besides loss of power, cable, internet, and downed trees

but there are some areas on the island that got destroyed... especially Long Beach... it's pretty much annihilated
Lindenhurst and Riverhead didn't fare well either

i heard a 100 homes burned to the ground in the one area I believe in Queens during the storm

for a tropical storm on the verge of a category 1 hurricane that didn't really even hit us, it did some damage to areas

i wish the best for my fellow east coasters. we need to band together to get through this. this is possibly on par with Katrina, if not more wide spread

we literally have NO gas on the island... most gas stations are bone dry and the very few that do have gas have a 3 hour wait on lines. it's absolutely crazy. We barely have any gas in our car and Erin won't even be able to make it to work if we can find some. We can't hours on line in case we run out and I know plenty of people who waited hours only to have the place run out just before they got up to it.

we need some fucking gas over here
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Mo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:15 pm

I'd FEDEX you a tank full if I thought it would get there...
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby NEOREV » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:14 am

Haha, thanks Mo
Though it might combust before it gets to me :P
NEOREV

Postby NEOREV » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Me and my girl were actually able to get gas over the weekend. We drove up to a station and stood on line with containers. $40 limit and only a 45 minute wait. Luckily it wasnt too cold like it is today. Getting hit with a nor'easter at the moment. Freezing rain, possible snow, and more expected flooding on top of everything else. My heart goes out to all those still without power and heat. We are still recovering. They instituted curfews for the low lying southern parts of the island. Cops patroling to avoid looters. Trains still not at 100%. And only buses can go thru some tunnels. The long road to recovery.
NEOREV

Postby getaphix » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm

just saw this post.. nice to see u ok neorev... sux about the rebuild, hope you all the luck at it!! sounds like a mindfield at the mo....
...little darling welcome to the show, your a failure playing stereo.
getaphix
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

54 posts • Page 5 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Post a reply