Board index Discussion Off Topic Discussion

Music Playground vs Brainkiller Recs

All non-music related discussion goes here
Post a reply
51 posts • Page 4 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: Music Playground vs Brainkiller Recs

Postby Highvoltage » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:24 pm

When i won the 2nd competition, BK told me that he got a lot of mail people complaining about the competition was rigged. Then he decided to make the voting open for the 3rd.
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NEOREV » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 pm

rigged? lol
probably just some crybabies complaining that their music didn't do as good as they thought they would
it's sad what happened with BK, no more competitions
there's just a lot of hate on those boards too
god forbid if you have a difference of opinion on there, you get swarmed
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Agent Orange » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Jesse Gorter wrote:they kicked out high voltage?

lol. I thought you won all those comps.

Anyway...i missed all that, I was away then I think. I was around for bk vol 1,2 and the last one were brainkiller himself returned and cogglez did his theft thingie and lez was like the state putting him on trial :)

Yes, well this event slammed the last nail in the coffin. No more BK competitions. I tried to start a new one up last year, BK himself wanted to do it too, he thought it was a good idea, just 'not the right time now'... every-fucking-one I spoke about it was excited about a new competition. I haven't heard from him since, so I guess it will never happen. I buried the battle axe with Colin, we're good now. I just wish that everyone from back then came together, everyone drops a fucking bomb track, we do an online release, get the music-producing Prodigy fan community up and running for one 'come back'. This is the entire reason I made the angry/pissed off Raid/Riot tracks. Those were supposed to be my entries. :) Well, too fucking bad.

Ok, we got Music Playground now, another breed of music producing, much better in my opinion, and I wish I could write/release tracks like you Jesse, so I can join this community on a regular base again. As you might have noticed I've picked up writing a bit again, but I really have to push myself. My life's a total complete train wreck now, so it might spawn some shitty mp3s to upload on here. :lol:
Agent Orange
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Postby NEOREV » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:12 pm

So what if Music Playground and Brainkiller Forums Co-put together a competition?
It would be a good way to advertise our site and maybe get some new blood over here. It seems BK and their comps are pretty well known and people would really be into a new competition over there, but MP could take charge of it for BK since he's never really free for that sorta thing. Don't mind me, just my brains speaking out loud.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Aquila » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Not a bad idea. I suppose all you'd need is for BK to endorse a MP comp and post a link to us and maybe a discussion thread.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby getaphix » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 am

yer i would get behind that.. at least the music wont have to be angry, dark, breakbeaty stuff, a bit of variation would be good for the ears... i wouldnt mind a bit of the old skool competition, i suppose it will bring some new faces arounf here aswell.... which wouldnt be a bad thing at all.
...little darling welcome to the show, your a failure playing stereo.
getaphix
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby NEOREV » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:20 am

and voting will be completely transparent, of course
which is nothing new for MP and will deter anyone screaming that the votes are fixed
NEOREV

Postby NEOREV » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:20 am

oh, and we should wait til next year... 2013
because if i remember correctly, i believe the first contest was held in 2003
so we can promote it as a 10 year anniversary of the BKM1/MFTJG compilations

Brainkiller and Music Playground Present
Music From The Jilted Generation Volume 5
NEOREV

Postby NEOREV » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 am

Another possibly cool thing to get the buzz building right away is hosting a contest where we can pick the best 12 tracks of the first 4 volumes. kinda like what we did with the Best Of Music Playground Vol. 1 CD.

We should use the time we have left this year in the fall/early winter to host a contest where we pick the best 12 (excluding Cogglez, of course) and announce the winner on New Years.

During this contest, we can promote the actual Vol. 5 competition, which be held in early 2013. Since it's been so long, it'll help build up the buzz again and get more people interested... producers and listeners alike.

:shrugs:

Best Of Music From The Jilted Generation Vol. 1
just my brains speaking out loud again
:P
NEOREV

Postby shperaclu » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm in on that, i was there when this all started, i think :)
--- OH, REALLY ? ---
shperaclu
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

51 posts • Page 4 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Post a reply