Board index Site Music-Playground.net

Competition Updates

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
44 posts • Page 2 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Competition Updates

Postby Songbird » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:19 am

Nocturne wrote:so basicly from what I understand: HV's, quils, studio star's and grinny's favorites win the competition?

niiiiiiice...not.

Honestly, why are you always so down about these things. I'm not having a go at you here, but perhaps you should think about how that sounds...? It sounds quite childish, unless what you meant to say was lost in translation???
Songbird
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Nocturne » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 am

Songbird wrote:
Nocturne wrote:so basicly from what I understand: HV's, quils, studio star's and grinny's favorites win the competition?

niiiiiiice...not.

Honestly, why are you always so down about these things. I'm not having a go at you here, but perhaps you should think about how that sounds...? It sounds quite childish, unless what you meant to say was lost in translation???

No it's not lost in translation, I do mean it.
nothing against the fantastic four, just find the system to be...bleh why do I bother
it's lothario's website, let him do what he pleases, I only expressed my opinion.

Edit: Okay, Im acting like an asshole I admit it, problems in paradise...ignore me a few weeks then I'll be back to normal.
I dont mean to offend anyone, but somehow someone usually gets offended by the end of the day :lol: not my intention.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. - Genesis 1:5
http://www.myspace.com/nightlegacy
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Highvoltage » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:34 am

Nocturne wrote:
Songbird wrote:

niiiiiiice...not.

No it's not lost in translation, I do mean it.
nothing against the fantastic four, just find the system to be...bleh why do I bother
it's lothario's website, let him do what he pleases, I only expressed my opinion.

i dont think it's lothario's website alone (altho he does all the work :? for which he gets little credit) but its a very peaceful community with openminded members who share a more or less same vision about music.

youre good, man, it just takes a lot of time to be great. its not coming in weeks, or months. and not even a few years. you might think youre great at a time, but looking back in 4 years you realize it's all within yourself no one else can make you change, and to see you're only very small and life flows on within you and without you.... oh wait that was george harrison from led zeppelin
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Aquila » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 am

I'm part of the fantastic four?

Fab!
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Songbird » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:01 am

Aquila wrote:I'm part of the fantastic four?

Fab!

Are you the invisible woman?
Songbird
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Aquila » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:04 am

I feel invisible sometimes...
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Laurie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:30 am

Aquila wrote:I feel invisible sometimes...

Nah, you're on fire.

see what I did there? DID YOU SEE IT? HEHEHUHUHEHUHE
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby Aquila » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:38 am

:P
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby lothario » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:10 am

niiiiiiice...not.

You did read it was a V Trophy, right? That means 5 Gold trophies in one category.
So far the only one even near getting a single V trophy in the next couple of competitions is Mo/Songbird (and only in the Vocal category).

If you win 5 Gold trophies in a single category, I would say you know what you are doing, and your vote should count more than others (but only in that particular category).

Eventually, yes, when Grin wins his 20th gold trophy in the vocal category, his favourite will receive 20 points. (a quick calculation with 3.5 competitions a year, and he already has 4 is...in 2014...if he wins vocal in every single competition from now) But seeing how this site is evolving, I have propably changed the algorithm by that time, precisely for that reason.

Now I am propably dropping the V trophy in the Overall Category, cause you can't really say you're an expert on what good music is.
lothario
General
General

Postby MasterEvilAce » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:31 am

Wow, I don't think I agree with that uber voter thing. I feel everyone on the site needs to have equal votes. Otherwise it could come down to "well I would have won this competition but since weirdo's votes count more, i lost"

Then off of that it comes to another point... If HV thinks overly compressed vocals are better, and Mo thinks high dynamic range vocals are better, who's to say either of them know what they're talking about? In the end HV will vote for his favorite, Mo will vote for his favorite. It won't necessarily be the "best", but rather the preference of the voter. And then you're just really favoring one person's preference over another.

You already have the "intelligent points" type of system going already. If 5 people vote for a single track in the #1 spot, it already gets more points than 5 people voting for a second place spot. Don't you think 5 people's collective opinions are better than a single person's?

I'm not sure how many people here live in the USA, or even know or have a presidential voting system like we do here.. but in the USA, it's based on logic similar to what has been described here. And my own personal opinion is that it sucks horribly. Giving certain people or groups' votes more influence than others is retarded and it greatly diminishes the need for everyone to contribute in voting.

I do think that trophies should stack. If you get 5 vocal trophies, maybe it should turn into a super vocal trophy. To help condense trophies.. kind of like a multiplier.
MasterEvilAce
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

44 posts • Page 2 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post a reply