Board index Site Music-Playground.net

The Front Page

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

The Front Page

Postby lothario » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:26 am

I've been thinking of revamping the front-page, so it becomes more useful to regular members of the site, a bit like iGoogle (iMP). So what would be on that page? I was thinking:

Unread posts:
Every time I visit this site, I click the unread posts link. If this was used on the front-page, then I would save a click.

Artist Statistics
A small summary of visits and listens, if you're a featured artist.

Better announcements
Instead of having a seperate module to post announcements, I'll create an announcement forum, which will update directly to the front page.

What would you like to see on your front-page? Please consider how you use the site regularly.
lothario
General
General

Re: The Front Page

Postby Aquila » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:36 am

Instead of a member's front page, how about making it more visitor-friendly? So far, the front page looks like a record label with a portfolio of artists (which isn't really a bad thing), but it doesn't really tell visitors what the site's about. Here's some ideas to throw on the table:

-Extra links at the top of the page like an About Us page, Contact Information, Podcasts etc.

-Social media integration (ie. Facebook, digg, linkedin, twitter buttons etc).

-Instead of, or additional to the Random Music link, embed a miniature player in the top frame below the Music Playground logo with either the same random playlist, or top rated/most listened tracks.

-Forum Integration. You mentioned unread posts, but how about a number of most active threads?
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Highvoltage » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:41 am

lothario wrote:Unread posts:
Every time I visit this site, I click the unread posts link. If this was used on the front-page, then I would save a click.

Personally, i never use the front page. I have the MP link saved as to show unread posts.
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby lothario » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 am

Excellent ideas 'Quil. Will consider them all. I hope Rolmo's up for some design changes...
lothario
General
General

Postby Laurie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:02 pm

I like all of the ideas presented here. Especially the unread posts one.
Laurie
Major
Major

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Post a reply