Board index Site Music-Playground.net

Best of Music Playground: Results

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
37 posts • Page 3 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Re: Best of Music Playground: Results

Postby Dr.EM » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Sorry for not voting, I was busy with moving down here for uni. Really cool that we're doing a group release though 8-)
Dr.EM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Aquila » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 am

Ok here's the comments on my two tracks:

November Light: This track took nearly two years to make. It started off as a technical experiment routing each channel from a Redrum through individual effects, primarily heavy compression and reverb. The samples themselves were slices from factory rex loops, but I added the extra effects to add warmth and transients. The project was saved, and not worked on for several months until I was mucking around with some (also factory) guitar loops then decided to merge the projects together and the creativity started to flow from then. It was only when thinking about what to write for the MP comp did I decide to sing my own vocals, however I was never totally happy with the result. I know I can sing better than that, but my songwriting skills kinda got in the way. So I was very surprised to see this track listed in the top 12.

To The Moon: I've always liked this track, even if I've listened to it too much. This was the first complete track where I recorded myself playing the keys live into the sequencer. Granted, it was only a short recording that got duplicated, transposed and whatnot but I still remember to this day practicing those simple chords for hours, sitting with a loud metronome in my headphones and doing dozens of takes lol. The sinewave harmony accompanying the keys is actually the same chords fed into a monophonic synth. This happened purely by accident but I loved the tune it generated so I left it in. Interestingly I ended up sampling the snare from November Light as part of the beat. Everything else sort of fell into place and the entire track was written and produced within about 2 or 3 days. My biggest gripe is I think I've made the drums a little too bright, however I'll probably adjust that if I ever decide to put this track on my album.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NEOREV » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:55 am

My girl Erin apologizes for the wait...
her computer was outta commission for a few days and nearly lost all of her work due to a corrupt OS.
Luckily, the guy at the Mac store sorted it out, backed up her stuff, and reinstalled the OS all for free.
Thank you Mac guy!

So what do ya guys think?
She still has to do the rest of the artwork, but wanted to get everyone's opinion on the direction.

Download the cover below!
Attachments
mp.png
Best of Music Playground Vol. I Cover
(194.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by NEOREV on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby NEOREV » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:57 am

Another thing I thought was if everyone could write a few words about their tracks, nothing too crazy, just a few sentences, and that can be used as the inner sleeve notes. It'll fill up the space for the inside printable artwork if people wanna burn and print their own CD. Just an idea.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Aquila » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:17 am

so what I wrote above was too long?
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NEOREV » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:39 am

hmmm...
13 descriptions of that size like that might not fit on two panels if people were to print it out. maybe an edited version for print and a full on text for the site...

scratch that, i don't wanna compromise people's words and like reading how tracks came into being. could just make it a text file with the download cuz not everyone is gonna print it.

another idea is to have bios for each artist with a pic in the inner sleeve with maybe a personal website address.

i dunno, wanted to fill the inside with something,
what do y'all think?
NEOREV

Postby lothario » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:57 am

Love the artwork!
Hmm, yeah I'll think about the text. I wouldn't want to have a multipage sleeve. Maybe it could be just for the release section.
lothario
General
General

Postby Highvoltage » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:02 am

looks awesomistic
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ulonix » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 am

Neorev, looks great really great, AWESOME!, i'll write about the tracks of this album (dunes and dsko)
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby Laurie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Amazing artwork! Influenced by John Warwicker, creator of the Underworld album artworks, by any chance? Seriously, this beats most artwork I see nowadays and Erin should really be proud of it! :)
Laurie
Major
Major

37 posts • Page 3 of 41, 2, 3, 4
Post a reply