Board index Site Music-Playground.net

Improved "Release" section

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Improved "Release" section

Postby NEOREV » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 pm

I think we should spiff it up a bit.

I see folks putting up lots of albums that don't have listings in the release section...
ex: Thermo/Baltar albums, Lockdown, HV, Omega Kids old release, Supersonic Army, myself.

We should really organize it and make it look nice and professional. Lots of us have "releases" that can be added. I'm guilty of it myself. Putting up a release without organizing it with the site. I think we should all work on that. Keep our music in a focused area. A nice section for folks to find and download our individual albums.

Currently, you have to flip through pages to look at our releases...
is there anyway to do something with a scroll bar, kinda like our music player...
but you can scroll thru the "releases" listing. Maybe have an album cover thumbnail and some basic info to the side of it, but when clicked, it would expand to show the full details... such as tracklisting, download, purchase info etc.?

I would love to see all of us ban together and put something up in the release section before the year's up. I would love a "Best Of Aquila" release. Lockdown just uploaded his whole release in the player. I'm saving up my points for a plan I have for my new album release that I wanted to organize with the site. I would love a place where I can view and go through ALL our releases. It's really up to the individual artists to organize and better communicate. It would be nice to have a more diverse release section...
Mooze, Lothario, and Jesse are hogging the show... but at least they did it correctly lol.

I hope to also have my old "Lines & Shapes" release listed along with other releases of mine.
Just cleaning some stuff up and hope to have it all ready in the coming months.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Re: Improved "Release" section

Postby Aquila » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:37 am

Great idea neorev. I'd also like to see the return of dedicated artist pages to help coincide this idea.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby lothario » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 am

Can you list what you would want from both a Release section and an Artist section?
lothario
General
General

Postby Mo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 pm

I'd be happy with just a simple picture of the release's artwork with a tracklisting next to it with download links. And possibly make the artwork clickable to take you to an individual page about that release with track details & credits etc.
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby Aquila » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:15 am

Sorry, my comment was from my phone so not very comprehensive. Pretty much what Mo said, but more along the lines of artists who have an eligible release can have a full profile page (with a couple images, bio, releases column and custom music player). Does that make sense?
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Post a reply