Board index Site Music-Playground.net

Juice things up...

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
23 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3

Juice things up...

Postby Mo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 pm

So.. I think we need to juice things up here, re-think a few things and get people to the site...

Ideas please!

Also, might not be a bad idea to Skype a meeting with everyone who wants to be involved... My skype is grinnygrandad

GO!
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Re: Juice things up...

Postby lothario » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:08 am

I am working on some general updates, but that is mainly under-the-hood things. I have been thinking of a re-design for a while. But I am all up for ideas :)
lothario
General
General

Postby ulonix » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 pm

I was speaking with some MP members and i've noticed that the main idea was to make a "public" site of Music Playground, cause now it's very "forum" oriented, i could help building a generic homepage and artist profile page with more colours and graphics.

The homepage could have a random jquery slider with a nice logo/photo of the artist, news from any of the artists a twitter/facebook feed and a forum feed too, just for others to read what's happening at the mp forums.

Inside the artist page we could have all the social links and official site of the artist, a description, bio, music player and maybe a "donate" link if someone wants to contribute for that specific artist.

Everyone(that's already a well known member of the forum) will be able to have a public profile, you can still keep the private one for mp and not use the public one.
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby Mo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm

That sounds brilliant Papi!
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby ulonix » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 pm

i wonder if anyone is interested in this
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby NEOREV » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:43 am

i think that's a banging idea, ulonix

my girl Erin is always up to help out as well if you guys need any layout or design work
i like the idea of having a player in the artist page
could also showcase releases and stuff

i really would love to start a Music Playground online radio station showcasing MP artists as well as other underground indie producers on the net. like a weekly show or something. other MP artists can take over or even create their own shots. for example, HV would be excellent when it comes to gear and recording. he's always great with showing us examples of different bits of equipment. i think that's something that would make a cool show for those looking learn. even helping with live tutorials and stuff. just throwing ideas out there. but the radio show showcasing music is what i'd love to try and do. im gonna start looking into what it takes. my friend Bill used to run his own online show on electro-music.com and had me on quite a few times to perform. i'm gonna talk his ear off and see what i need to do. i'm always discovering new bedroom producers online, tons of great music that never gets promoted. i originally was suppose to help Bill with bringing a new show to electro-music.com, but he's always so busy... so i thought, hey why not bring it to Music Playground? throughout the day we could even rebroadcast our podcasts when people tune in.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby Aquila » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:04 am

We used to have artist profiles of sorts.
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NEOREV » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:33 pm

so do we want it to be where people can update their own artist pages?
what can we include in the artist pages? like a main photo/logo or we can have the image fade through images
also, maybe a short bio, a music player for that artist, links to artist's releases, links, etc.

is this something like a CMS, where you guys go in and can update info all yourself?
or would whoever is running actually have to create the new artist's page?
is it important to have access and update it yourself?

you know how there's individual playlists... like if i type in music-playground.net/neorev... it'll give me just the tunes i uploaded... maybe there's a way to assign those individual playlists to each artist's page.
that way we can still keep it the same with us uploading music ourselves and it will automatically assign to our profile since we already have the individual playlist directories.
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby NEOREV » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:37 pm

like are we starting fresh with a brand new looking site?
or are we trying to rebuild around what we already have?

Erin would like to know to see where she should begin. She was gonna whip up some mocks for the artist pages.
She's good with the design side of things
But all the programming stuff Lothario/Aquila have going on, that's definitely your field
So if you want she can whip up some designs and schemes and then you guys could build behind the scenes from there?
I mean, if you want Erin's help she's here... we understand if you already have something in mind

but let us know if ya want her to start working on designs
NEOREV

Postby ulonix » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 am

NEOREV wrote:so do we want it to be where people can update their own artist pages?
what can we include in the artist pages? like a main photo/logo or we can have the image fade through images
also, maybe a short bio, a music player for that artist, links to artist's releases, links, etc.

is this something like a CMS, where you guys go in and can update info all yourself?
or would whoever is running actually have to create the new artist's page?
is it important to have access and update it yourself?

you know how there's individual playlists... like if i type in music-playground.net/neorev... it'll give me just the tunes i uploaded... maybe there's a way to assign those individual playlists to each artist's page.
that way we can still keep it the same with us uploading music ourselves and it will automatically assign to our profile since we already have the individual playlist directories.

The first thing we need to know is if others members are interested in doing this and then start to work on all these ideas

I think with something like wordpress it can be easily done , all the administration part. In the other hand maybe Lothario and Aquila have already an artist admin frontend that we could use.
ulonix
Captain
Captain

23 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3
Post a reply