Board index Site Music-Playground.net

Tutorial section?

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Tutorial section?

Postby Necronomicon2 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:21 am

Mo wrote:I don't get how this would work... I would upload a raw beat and a processed one, then say what plugs and software was used, and say how I guessed and played with the nobs to get the final sound?

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't really have professional knowledge of this kind of thing, but I'm still happy to show what I've done.

Or something

That's exactly it!! I guess a lot of people don't really know 'how' they do it, they just do it buy ear. But for you it seems to work, and pretty well. But for other people it just doesn't always do the trick, and we would like to know what the fridge you guys do. Maybe then we can then figure out where we are going wrong.

You can, for example, tell us what you are looking for when playing with your knobs ( :? ) Are you trying to ad something....remove something....both....and why? You know, stuff like that.
..:: CAKE ::..
Necronomicon2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby MasterEvilAce » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:24 am

True @ Necro.

Generally you know what you're trying to accomplish.. unless you're HV then you just kinda drool and bang on your keyboard
MasterEvilAce
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Highvoltage » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:29 pm

i think i will get my arse to do this. most of the time i think i might know what i do and for what reason. (and kindly forget the times where i fail miserably, almost crying with anger)

but i must repeat this over and over. the single BEST thing you can do to youreslf is to buy a decent monitor. You can search the net for budget things, i think they are still lightyears better than hifi speakers. (not talking about thousand dollar hifi's of course) and dont even think about mixing on headphones. i did that for 10 years and its CRAP!!! i have a really low priced pair of speakers, and i cant tell you how much i love them. recently i had to switch back to phones, and i couldnt make proper judgements. (not to mention my headphone's are considered high-end monitoring)

so if you have proper monitors you can actually hear what compression does.

ill be back
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Mo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:38 pm

I use hifi speakers.... But pretty good ones (I think).... But yeah, I'll happilly make a couple of little comparison tutorials if people want.... Any requests? I'll do black White and Ginger to start.

I'd love a tutorial thing from ulonix! And studio star! HV's main secret is the type of clogs he wears, I know that for sure
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby Darkwave » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Highvoltage wrote:the single BEST thing you can do to youreslf is to buy a decent monitor.

i'm working with headphones and i'm trying not to overcompress ect... but yeah sometimes i'm like.. "i wonder if this sounds ok...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm",
as for imaging sometimes i use this http://refinedaudiometrics.com/products-hdphx.shtml
i know... it can't sound like real reflections but helps a bit :mrgreen:
◄ḋαякẘ@ṽℯ►
Darkwave
Major
Major

Postby lothario » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:08 pm

I'll set up a forum for those who wish to contribute.
lothario
General
General

Postby Highvoltage » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Darkwave wrote:
Highvoltage wrote:the single BEST thing you can do to youreslf is to buy a decent monitor.

i'm working with headphones and i'm trying not to overcompress ect... but yeah sometimes i'm like.. "i wonder if this sounds ok...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm",
as for imaging sometimes i use this http://refinedaudiometrics.com/products-hdphx.shtml
i know... it can't sound like real reflections but helps a bit :mrgreen:

yes i remember trying that out, but i think it either crashed my host, or broke up in a terribly loud noise in some configuration, so i never dared to go back again.
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Mo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:01 am

what's the code for that little flash player thing for playing stuff straight from the forum..... Does anyone know?
Mo

Postby lothario » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:36 am

Mo wrote:what's the code for that little flash player thing for playing stuff straight from the forum..... Does anyone know?

Do you mean mp3s?

Code: Select all

[mp3]ATTACHMENT-ID[/mp3]

lothario
General
General

Postby Mo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:30 pm

lothario wrote:
Mo wrote:what's the code for that little flash player thing for playing stuff straight from the forum..... Does anyone know?

Do you mean mp3s?

Code: Select all

[mp3]ATTACHMENT-ID[/mp3]

Yep thats the one, cheers!
Mo

20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2
Post a reply