Board index Site Music-Playground.net

Entrants That Don't Vote

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
26 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3

What should happen, if some entrants haven't voted?

Total votes : 4
Extend the voting deadline.
No votes
Use only the given votes.
100%

Entrants That Don't Vote

Postby lothario » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Should there be some penalty, if you enter a competition and never votes, or is it fine, that some don't do it?

EDIT: I have changed the poll to reflect the new system. See my later post.
lothario
General
General

Re: Entrants That Don't Vote

Postby MasterEvilAce » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:52 pm

It should be frowned upon. They should be given a frown award to show how pathetic they are, and it should be two or three times bigger than a regular award.

Having said that, it wouldn't matter as much if you could vote without submitting a track.
MasterEvilAce
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Nocturne » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:59 pm

I had this idea as well, but I was affraid to post it up and be seen as a "voting nazi" or some sort of antagonist like people usually portray me for my extremist ideas xD

Yes, I do think it's gay that people just come in and try to get trophys but they dont give anything back to the community nor even try to get into the community, I mean, just look at this competition xD it has remedy's name on it and he just came back for the competition in these 3 months (no offence mate, I just say the truth), it's like if they dont have any love for the community.

I mean I might get the corny award, but MP should be like a hive, where we all work together towards the same ideals, we all want to make wonderful music dont we?, so we give honest views to all our brothers (and sister Kym) in music, we help each other in any way we can, we protect our people when needed and scold them and guide them when needed as well.
If i was never told about mixing I would still be sucking
If i was never helped about production I would still be stuck in the same hole
but, thanks to this community im developing, special thanks to Jesse, Ulonix and team KyMo.

ok enough wall of text, what I meant is, this is a community, our community, we must work together to enjoy the benefits of it, and those who dont work, vote, review, give opinions etc. I dont think it's deserving any of the privileges this wonderful comunity has to offer.
I rest my case...and I expect more hate and "communist" or "trophy nazi" related comments xD

Edit: btw, lothario, you still plan to allow non-participants to elaborate reviews? it was an excelent idea.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. - Genesis 1:5
http://www.myspace.com/nightlegacy
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Laurie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:30 pm

I think that expelling them from the competition is a bit far but I definitely think that the artist should be denied of any trophies.

I take out a whole day and spend at least half a dozen hours on choosing who to vote for each award using grids with ratings and comments on each track to ensure that I've made the right decision on where I place people for each award. And that's excluding the time it takes me to do the reviews. I think it's only fair if everyone takes out a fraction of this time to write down 5 names in order of their preferences for each award.

I can kind of understand that not everyone always has the time to make 2000 word reviews, but surely they should have the time to vote.
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby Mo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:45 pm

I personally don't mind.... It's kind of like politics.... If you don't vote for who you want to win and the person you like the least wins, then you've only got yourself to blame for not voting...

Whether people vote or not, there will always be a winner, 2nd place etc. So I voted to allow whatever.
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby Nocturne » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:02 pm

anyway, I was thinking...sometimes the participants dont fullfill our expectations on some categorys, like for me, I rarely vote for drums, but one thing is not voting at all and another is not setting some votes...so maybe you could make it so people vote for a minimum of 3 participants per category at least...if they dont vote at all then have this deny them trophys or whatever is chosen
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby lothario » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:39 pm

MasterEvilAce wrote:Having said that, it wouldn't matter as much if you could vote without submitting a track.

No time to implement it this time, but next one we'll give it a try.
lothario
General
General

Postby lothario » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Mo wrote:I personally don't mind.... It's kind of like politics.... If you don't vote for who you want to win and the person you like the least wins, then you've only got yourself to blame for not voting...

Whether people vote or not, there will always be a winner, 2nd place etc. So I voted to allow whatever.

Though, Noc got a point. When this is named after Remedy, it's a problem, not because he's not active on the forum, but because he didn't vote in the last one.

If you won a gold trophy, and didn't vote, wouldn't you feel guilty if your favourite track would have beat you, if you've voted?
lothario
General
General

Postby Nocturne » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 pm

yeah, take for instance the elections mate, all the candidates vote during elections
What if one of these one-shoters won a glory award? or even worse, what if a non-voter one-shoter got one, I mean I think there's folks in these boards who been waiting and desiring such spot for longer and been busting their ass in here for one, like wolfen or maybe Ace (even tough Im still confused about his position towards music :P) or me(yes my narcisist self, Im guilty for desiring a spot to upload my tracks xD, but Im also looking for ways to help the comunity grow, trying to make the boards be active and stuff)...or laurie who hasnt got his featured spot even tough he won glory.

just ignore me If i go nonsense, I just love this comunity and I have feelt part of it ever since day I ;)
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Wolfen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Nocturne wrote:I think there's folks in these boards who been waiting and desiring such spot for longer and been busting their ass in here for one, like wolfen

Actually I just like being part of a community that has a similar attitude towards music as me. 'Busting my ass'
for a 'spot' has never been on the agenda. :?:
Outlaw
Wolfen
Captain
Captain

26 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3
Post a reply