Board index Site Music-Playground.net

Entrants That Don't Vote

Discuss Music Playground
Post a reply
26 posts • Page 3 of 31, 2, 3

What should happen, if some entrants haven't voted?

Total votes : 4
Extend the voting deadline.
No votes
Use only the given votes.
100%

Re: Entrants That Don't Vote

Postby lothario » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 am

Nocturne wrote: I think that idea of voters getting 1 vote by defeault in all categorys could help even it out with the dis-advantage situation of voting, that way we could avoid having a harsher penalization to non-voters.

Hey, i like that idea more. Reward the voters, instead of punishing the non-voters. However when I do that, there may be some variance in the results of the previous competitions....hold on to your trophies :)
lothario
General
General

Postby Laurie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:10 am

Before i didn't really agree with the idea of voting for yourself in competitions but this "vote by default" method sounds like a good idea to me. It encourages people to vote and at the same time it doesn't mean that you have to personally use up one of your votes for yourself.

I'm behind it.
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby lothario » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 pm

After running the first test, there are no major difference in results (as far as I can tell) except one....the coal award. After the recount, with 1 point given for voting, Peejay beats Remedy in the Coal Award category. Since we've already named the competition after Remedy (who under the past rules DID win the coal award), Peejay will have to do with the honour of having a Coal trophy....
lothario
General
General

Postby Nocturne » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:29 pm

nice, im glad this suggestion was helpful :D
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. - Genesis 1:5
http://www.myspace.com/nightlegacy
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby 100NAMES » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Im up for radical solutions even though I did not vote the last time because I was nowhere near a computer during the voting period. I would have expelled myself, it wouldnt make a difference anyway ;) .
I became fucking blind that night. | http://www.soundcloud.com/nim_music
100NAMES
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby lothario » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am

OK, so I'm having this up for a discussion again.

Right now there is a limit on the minimum number of voters, before a result is calculated.
I've made a choice to where that limit is, which I find fair (and no I will not say what the limit is).

However, is it fair, that if some entrants don't vote, that everybody else have to wait another week for the results? What if they never vote, and thus keep the competition being extended for weeks on end?

I would personally prefer having no (or a low) limit on the votes, and then you just have no influence on the final result.

You already get a disadvantage of not voting, but only if you tie (due to the extra points).
Maybe that disadvantage should be greater, or the extra points should be part of the overall score instead...

My idea is:

The low limit is 50%. If half of the entrants have not voted, the deadline would be extended 1 week.

Right now, you get 1.7 extra points, for using all voting slots in the first round (this number changes, depending on the amount of entrants).

If we use the current competition as an example, that could have meant:

- Rolmo being 2nd place (if Agent Orange did not vote)

In the final round, the extra points would amount to 3.5 (or more, can't really remember), which would have a much more significant impact on the final results.

This will create a better incentive to vote, since you will boost your own score,

So what do you think?
lothario
General
General

26 posts • Page 3 of 31, 2, 3
Post a reply