Board index Music Bits & Pieces

Short Fuse (beta versions)

Share your work in progress and scrapped material here
Post a reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Short Fuse (beta versions)

Postby Aquila » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Hey all, while it's a bit quiet in here I thought I'd open up some of my headspace.

Anyway, I've been going through my old hard disk and discovered that I had some other versions of my track Short Fuse that I had originally shelved because their direction wasn't very promising. It wasn't until a year or so later when I was struggling with another piece (the mellow harp at the beginning against a 4/4 house beat) and decided to merge the two together to create the final track. Here's the betas anyway:

No player available
short fuse beta 1.mp3
Short Fuse (beta 1)
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 216 times

No player available
short fuse beta 2.mp3
(5.52 MiB) Downloaded 212 times

You can see how much they've evolved from each other into the final track: site/music.php?t=169

So, it always pays to keep everything you do - even if you don't think it's worth much at the time, because you may always find a way to turn them into gold later ;)
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Short Fuse (beta versions)

Postby getaphix » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:13 pm

that's a really good fusion of the two beats, digging the strings in this. Makes the track sound moody. The drums are crisp and clean nice little breaks here and there. Nice work man even tho its an older one, you otta keep a hold of this one, i still have loads of my old tracks, i dont even used them, tho i listen back to them for inspiration sometimes, also helps you build a specific sound and formula. Nicework man! :geek:
...little darling welcome to the show, your a failure playing stereo.
getaphix
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Short Fuse (beta versions)

Postby NEOREV » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:04 am

it's cool to see the progression and the way you blended the different ideas between mixes
i do the same with saving ideas they move along
i always go through several variations of tracks before i even feel comfortable that it as a final mix
love the final mix of Short Fuse, but still digging the betas
your production is great, really shines and hits
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Post a reply