I liek teh hard riff :b
20%
It fails :( work harder you lazy bastard! D:<
No votes
Judging by your voice you're going insane man x_X but it's kewl! :D
30%

NL's The heartless

Postby Nocturne » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:06 am

Well it's me again :P I wanted to share this with you guys, most of the vocals are messed up and need to be re-recorded but I left them provitional x_X (im sure you'll notice which ones, it's hard to record when things arnt going as cool as you wish)
Well I need feedback on how well or bad Im doing this :P it's hard to work with all the bad feelings around and school pression -_-;;
so here's this track in progress, yep it's fun, I guess I need more variation, I am trying out alot of new stuff over here.
Im using my "sound more angry!" technique thing in some of the lyrics, Im sure you'll notice which ones as well :P
But well, that's it, I need feedback! all kinds! the good the bad the ugly etc.
advice on giving it more lenght at least some 30 more seconds x_X that's IF the track is worth working at, I dont know my sense of judgement sucks ATM, but I think it's allright, I like some parts of it and the yelling of course xD
Im adding a poll for the fun and those who want to give an anonimous opinion :P
pre-edit: judging to a listen a bit louder I think I got some problems with the volume again x_X you be the judge :D

and of course mp3 for the lazy basterds like me
[mp3]348[/mp3]
Attachments
No player available
Night Legacy - The heartless.mp3
(5.92 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. - Genesis 1:5
http://www.myspace.com/nightlegacy
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: NL's The heartless

Postby rolmo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:01 pm

i like that smokey sound especially the hard riff! your voice is also cool - i don't understand a word though ;-) but that's not necessary i guess. i would work more on song structure and the instruments - sounds like plastic to me. ;-)
rolmo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Nocturne » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:13 pm

thanks for the feedback rolmo, but I would like to know what you mean by sounding plastic x_X just to understand that part better :P
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby rolmo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:01 am

yeah off course! i just had a listen to it once more. hmmm it has that distinct fruityloops sound ;) i believe it's the drums and the acid kind of synth that makes it feel so digital and plastic. i would replace or add a snare drum with more noise and decay and definitely cut the high frequencies on the drums - that'll make it sound more dirty and organic. i know you're not in the mixing stage yet but i would turn down the volume a bit on a few instruments eg. the choir at the beginning which gets my ears ringing :? the instruments are kind of fighting each other. it's better to set priorities and choose one instrument that's always in the foreground - maybe your voice or the riff.

i really dig that crazy synth in the middle - sounds like a mad doc is going crazy in his lab haha. i wonder how that tune will go on. perhaps you can add a part where you build up tension and all of a sudden everything crashes down. :D
rolmo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Jesse Gorter » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:34 pm

wow i love the intro :)

i like the idea very much. Evidently the best idea you've had since the mothlord and little angel era :-D

still you need a lot of work on drums. The piano sounds like reason distortion, and ehm, yeah that kind of distracts.

fucking ace in composition tho. even your dissonants work well! that is what I've been trying to teach you all the time, how to make dissonants work for you
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

Postby Nocturne » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:13 pm

rolmo wrote:it has that distinct fruityloops sound ;) i believe it's the drums and the acid kind of synth that makes it feel so digital and plastic. i would replace or add a snare drum with more noise and decay and definitely cut the high frequencies on the drums - that'll make it sound more dirty and organic.

Hmmm I only used FL to equalize a bit the sounds to give it a distinct touch, btw how could I cut the high frequencies of the drums in reason 3?

Jesse Gorter wrote:i like the idea very much. Evidently the best idea you've had since the mothlord and little angel era :-D

fucking ace in composition tho. even your dissonants work well! that is what I've been trying to teach you all the time, how to make dissonants work for you

You're forgeting the killer tracks Im saving for the next competition ;-; and I keept asking you which scale is this xD I cant figure a scale and I dont want to be dissonant :P

Thanks for the feedback everyone! keep posting, voting etc etc. dont hold back ;)
Nocturne
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Wolfen » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:54 am

This is pretty cool. The drums are minimal but I thought they worked with the track. I love the choir at the start.
Outlaw
Wolfen
Captain
Captain

Postby Songbird » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:44 am

Do you know, I think that fat synth thingie needs to be changed to a big fat guitar so it feels as sinister as the vocals. You know how men play guitar and swing it round as if it's their willy, well I think having a fat guitar replace that would nmake it sound more menacing.... especially if you imagine a well built guy playing that guitar. You know, the sort of guy you wouldnt wanna run into in a dark alley!

I also think more variation on the drums would progress it more too. It gives the listeners ears a better understanding of where the most prominent parts of the track are.
Songbird
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Wolfen » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Songbird wrote:You know how men play guitar and swing it round as if it's their willy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Outlaw
Wolfen
Captain
Captain

Postby Mo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Wolfen wrote:
Songbird wrote:You know how men play guitar and swing it round as if it's their willy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I swing my willy round as if it's my guitar
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

18 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2
Post a reply