Board index Site Competition Comments

DONKEY MAGIC!

Post your comments and thoughts about the current competition here.
Post a reply
240 posts • Page 22 of 241 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: DONKEY MAGIC!

Postby Darkwave » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:00 pm

i don't think that anonymous entries would stop someone of being naughty, it would be fun tho.
◄ḋαякẘ@ṽℯ►
Darkwave
Major
Major

Postby Jesse Gorter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:41 pm

let's just leave it at that maybe bias will influence a little, class tune will be class tune. Did anyone think cogglez would win? But he won (with a stolen tune lol) and not bc of his name
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

Postby Darkwave » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Jesse Gorter wrote:Did anyone think cogglez would win? But he won (with a stolen tune lol) and not bc of his name

actually yes, in that case he won because of his name :lol:
◄ḋαякẘ@ṽℯ►
Darkwave
Major
Major

Postby Palmi Johannsson » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Laurie wrote:Just realised that my review for PJ's tune is the same as the one for Wolfen's. I copy and pasted it from hotmail which I wrote the reviews in earlier on and it seems I copied the same one twice.

This is my correct review for PJ's tune:

"Wow. I just don't know what to say, I can honestly say I have never seen an artist improve so much on MP so much as you have done with this track. The atmosphere created is just next level and the vocals work perfectly in adding to the deep feel of the track. The high pitch lead line progresses nicely giving great variation to the track, and helps to build up the emotion which is established by the other components. If this was on the latest Underworld album, I would be far from disappointed, and I genuinely mean that."

And I can't say I've noticed any bias in the competitions, so I would say that the best tunes justifiably win. In the last competition, my votes were identical to the end results, and I didn't let the names of the artists decide my votes. The only category which that possibly applies to is 'production'.

<--- Hahahahhaah I feel so good right now, thanks alot Laurie and you guys u raised my selfasteam up, exactly what I needed. I can´t wait for the next competition and yeah when I sent the song i noticed it wasn´t perfect, I´m going to work on that soon ;:) Sorry that I didn´t do my review, was so exausted last night when i got home that I fell a sleep and it was over when I woke up :( next competition I will be a true player, Thx again mates :)
Pálmi Þór Jóhannsson
Palmi Johannsson
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Postby lothario » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Laurie wrote:Just realised that my review for PJ's tune is the same as the one for Wolfen's. I copy and pasted it from hotmail which I wrote the reviews in earlier on and it seems I copied the same one twice.

Fixed.
lothario
General
General

Postby Highvoltage » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:20 pm

thanks for the votes, but honestly 80 percent goes to mr dubfx.

i never understood this bias thing. if you vote for someone 'just cause the name' i think then he/she had to do something to earn that on the first place.
Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Highvoltage » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:36 pm

im terribly sorry for this, but i just can't resist:

Highvoltage
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jesse Gorter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Highvoltage wrote:im terribly sorry for this, but i just can't resist:

teeheee.

I think it comes across very whiny. But it's the same as when noc went all out about not getting an artist spot; you get one if you deserve one 100%
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

Postby MoozeBlaster » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:49 pm

i feel stupid.. what does that screenshot mean? :?:
MoozeBlaster
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Mo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Congrats to all! Quality of tracks wise, this competition kicks arse by miles, all tracks are thoroughly enjoyable to listen to, each has it's own personality... And that's something else I think this competition has brought out, I can hear and feel lots of peoples peronalities and feelings in alot of these tracks. Having them all on my iPod as one album is just awesome, one of the best an most listened to albums on my iPod!

Still gutted I didn't get to enter, and a virus on my computer stopped me from getting my reviews in on time, I'll post them here soon.

Lots of reviews this time too, pure awesome. A good sign of things to come I think.

Love you x
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

240 posts • Page 22 of 241 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Post a reply