Board index Site Competition Comments

The Sheep Competition

Post your comments and thoughts about the current competition here.
Post a reply
126 posts • Page 12 of 131 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Re: The Sheep Competition

Postby Necronomicon2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Laurie wrote:I notice I won the prospect award with a bit of a landslide, so I wonder if anyone could give me some constructive criticism on my entry if anyone has any? I'm very inexperienced in making uplifting and playful tracks so I won't be too offended by any comments made :)

Well, I can't speak for everyone. But from me personally:

I like the piano intro (and thus the underlying melody). The main piano melody (that comes in at 29 seconds) really fits well with the original piano intro. Some of my friends think that the beat doesn't go with the rest at all, I personally like that kind of thing (it's always about the beats!). All other elements are nice and complimentary.

Beef: I think it needs to be more of a story telling experience. Like introducing the different parts at other times. What I mean is you have a couple of really strong melodic elements, but they don't seem to follow each other in strong way.
Maybe it needs another melody introduced at a later time because it gets a little repetitive after a while.

That's the best way I can explain my opinion. Other then that I really like the feel of the track. I think I had you at number four on my votes.
..:: CAKE ::..
Necronomicon2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Mo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:52 pm

stormyca wrote:whoa last. really that bad haha, bring on the next comp

Nah, it really wasn't that bad. I just think it wasn't close enough to the style needed for this particular game... I did actually like yours quite a lot, but as a normal track, not as the music for a video game...!

And yes, bring on the next competition! =D
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby MoozeBlaster » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

something went wrong for me when i was gonna upload.. so here is my track that didnt make it into the comp: http://www.mediafire.com/?0d0n5nu8li0n9xt

:)
MoozeBlaster
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby s0ren » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:05 pm

The game is now available in the app store!
A big thank you to everyone here, who helped making this possible.

The game can be found here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what-the ... d421005889

http://www.whattheflock.mobi/
iPhone game, featuring Necronomicon2 :: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what-the-flock/id421005889
s0ren
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Postby Laurie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Currently on the home screen, I really like the extended edit of Sheep on Mutton Hill! :)
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby Laurie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Hahaha when the sheep hits the windmill :lol:
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby Aquila » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:10 am

can't really remember if this was mentioned or not, but is this going to be available on the android platform?
Est. 1981
Aquila
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Laurie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

Yeah I like this alot! It's addictive so I've been trying to stop myself from playing it for the last 5 minutes as I've got to wake up early for school tomorrow. I'm up to level 6 so far, so I guess I'll continue from there tomorrow.

Also I'd just like to add that the in-game music works excellently. It's a great edit of the original track which has resulted in it not being too distracting and climactic, yet it matches the pace, simplicity and humour of the gameplay.
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby s0ren » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I am really glad you enjoy it Laurie :)I think it is like when people here make music; it only really pays off if someone enjoys it too. Dont forget to show it to your friends :lol:

Aquila wrote:can't really remember if this was mentioned or not, but is this going to be available on the android platform?

When i started this game, and android license for the game engine i use would cost me USD$3000, but it a light weight version (which is sufficient for me) only costs $400 now. I am very keen on buying that, but at the moment i have to be somewhat sure that i can earn back that investment (even though its not massive). I have friends who really hit the wall trying to do business on the android market, because not many people buy apps there. If i sell enough copies of the iOS version, i will surely make an android version though.
iPhone game, featuring Necronomicon2 :: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what-the-flock/id421005889
s0ren
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Postby Necronomicon2 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 am

Haha. Just played this game with a couple of colleagues (who do own an iPhone :P). I really like the feel, it's nice and easy to get into, no real explanation necessary. I think more game need to be like that.

It's addictive, but I have to get back to work now (my boss is not amused).

A couple of remarks made by colleges and my comments on them:
- "that's funny" (yes it is!)
- "needs blood spatter at the windmill stage" (hihi)
- "needs lasers to shoot down from the sky" (...okay, some people just like lasers I guess)
- "the music makes me nervous" (mission accomplished :P)
..:: CAKE ::..
Necronomicon2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

126 posts • Page 12 of 131 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Post a reply