Board index Site Competition Comments

Spring Beats Competition

Post your comments and thoughts about the current competition here.
Post a reply
201 posts • Page 20 of 211 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Re: Spring Beats Competition

Postby Agent Orange » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:42 pm

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT COMPETITION! :o

I will try to cook up another track, maybe two... cause I'm really exited (about the results too this time, holy shiiiiiiiz)! Got some ideas, hope I can work these out on time. :lol: I don't wanna disappoint people (that liked my Raid/Riot entries), but I will try something different every time... until I'm all out of ideas ofcourse. ;)

:D
Agent Orange
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Postby Laurie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Palmi Johannsson wrote:nice competion and congratz to you all guys :) "This track has huge potential, and it is also one of my favourites from the competition. I just wish the kick and snare weren???t in there (or at least I wish they were different)! The hats are fine, but the kick has too much high frequency emphasis on it and they both lack reverb which is needed for a track like this. I really do believe that this is a beautiful track??? just those drums prevent it getting an ???outstanding??? from me." thx laurie, i´m setting my studio now in my new appartment and I´m going to work on it and I will please u with a fully pleasuring song hehe :twisted:

Looking forward to it ;)
Laurie
Major
Major

Postby ulonix » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:01 am

Laurie wrote:How about you have to reach a certain amount of karma points to vote in a competition (if you've not entered a track yourself). That way, it's harder for newbies to get all their friends to just sign up and vote for their entries :idea:

good idea tho
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby Mo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Jesse Gorter wrote:voted!
btw, someones been rating me down, all my stock went down!
Nooo i am ruined

I think that was my fault somehow, some of my ratings & reviews have been going haywire. Lothario has reset them all anyway, so I'll go and try rating them again soon :)
This is my fucking signature.
Mo

Postby lothario » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Mo wrote:
Nooo i am ruined

I think that was my fault somehow, some of my ratings & reviews have been going haywire. Lothario has reset them all anyway, so I'll go and try rating them again soon :)

I've put a timer on the rating now, so you can't rate multiple tracks in quick succession. I'll try to locate the error, so we can avoid this in the future.
lothario
General
General

Postby Jesse Gorter » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Mo wrote:
Nooo i am ruined

it looked like someone went through all my tracks and gave each one a 3. no matter how someone dislikes them, that just seemed odd. :)
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

Postby ulonix » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:10 pm

in my case i never rated tracks, just wrote the review.... do you necessarily have to rate when review?
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby Jesse Gorter » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:37 pm

your review was spot on :) i do not think so.
http://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/
Jesse Gorter
Major
Major

Postby lothario » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Funny thing is, no competition winners have yet received a prize.... Baltars Dream won the sample pack(HV abstained), Necronomicon2 won the game feature (Mo was just not selected) and now Roadkill won a t-shirt (since admins can't win prizes)
lothario
General
General

Postby Palmi Johannsson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 pm

"After your last competition entry, I really had high expectations this time around. Sadly I don't think this comes to par with it. And while I enjoy the intro, I think the drums are too static and emotionless and the bass too repetitive. The ambient flute and stringy bass is good, but not enough to divert attention away from the bass and the drums. I would probably lose the drums, and keep it clean and ambient, and try to make the bass more interesting and diverse, since it continues the track through."

Thanks lothario!! This is so right and I´m going to fix everything, I just sent the song cause I wanted to be in, but didn´t think of the problems :/ Next time I will do everythingy to raise youre expectations again and it will stay like that haha ;)
Pálmi Þór Jóhannsson
Palmi Johannsson
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

201 posts • Page 20 of 211 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Post a reply