Board index Music Bits & Pieces

The Lost Tracks: Children Of The Bomb Era (2011-2013)

Share your work in progress and scrapped material here
Post a reply
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

The Lost Tracks: Children Of The Bomb Era (2011-2013)

Postby NEOREV » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 am

In March of 2011, I began work on what would become my second full length album titled "Children Of The Bomb." Since then, I have also released three companion EPs, which contained new tunes and alternate mixes written since the album release, with a brand new fourth EP in the works as I type. We are approaching almost two years since I sat down and actually started writing material for my follow up to "Lines & Shapes." And like the process during the "Lines & Shapes" era (2006-2010), I built up an enormous amount of unreleased tracks, demos, ideas, riffs, and etc. I wanted to put together a little medley... well not so little... comprising some of the leftover bits that have stuck with me over these last couple of years. So here's a mash up of all of these bits smashed into a 25 minute long medley containing the lost material from the "Children Of The Bomb" era. This medley contains around 75 different demos that just never quite made it to the final stages of becoming a full on track. I thought it would be cool to share with you and a way for you guys to kinda get into my headspace and the long process of writing material and what it takes when picking and choosing what's good to release to the public and what gets kept away from the public. Sometimes you get that really cool riff or beat, but then freeze up on where you should take the track from there on. It's tough when you have a good idea, but just can't get it completely off the ground and moving or can't figure out how to take it to the next level. My recent expanded edition of "Lines & Shapes" contained a bit of material left over from that album process. I still have a hell of lot more where that came from during that era as well as another entire album that was written simultaneously with "L&S." Plan to put that all up eventually later in the year, wanna do some re-mixing and remastering before posting that stuff up.

But here we are in 2013... and I present to you the leftover material from the "Children Of The Bomb" era...

http://neorevmusic.com/Neorev_-_TheLost ... 1-2013.mp3

Who knows... some of this stuff just may very well end up becoming a full track down the line on the next NR release or a new little jam in the live set
;)
::wink wink nudge nudge::

If there's something that you dig, please mark the time down and leave a comment. I would like to see what people on here are into and whatnot. See if something deserves to become a full track down the line, what sticks with people and have em interested in hearing where the track goes.

Hope you enjoy a look into the process and the amount of work that I put into writing for the last two years...

-Mike
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Re: The Lost Tracks: Children Of The Bomb Era (2011-2013)

Postby Roadkill » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:37 am

Dude if we're gonna listen to and comment on everything you release, we wouldnt do anything else :D
Give me some time to listen and ill shout a few words your way :)
www.roadkillhq.com
Roadkill
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby NEOREV » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:47 am

Too much music?
:P
neorev.bandcamp.com // facebook.com/neorev // soundcloud.com/neorev // youtube.com/neorevmusic
NEOREV

Postby ulonix » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Some stuff has a future to become an entire track, you should consider to work till the end on them!. I'll write a detailed review on the bits i liked
http://www.twotigersmusic.net
ulonix
Captain
Captain

Postby NEOREV » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 am

awesome! can't wait to hear what ya dig

now if only i can turn all 75 ideas into full on tracks :P
what is that?... like 6-7 albums or something?
too much? :P
NEOREV

Re:

Postby Therapoid » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:15 pm

that... and a good bit of crazy :D
don't you sometimes hate yourself for not finishing your ideas? i know i do...
Therapoid
Therapoid
Corporal
Corporal

Re:

Postby NEOREV » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:15 am

yeah, it definitely drives me nuts
especially when you got a solid riff or few bars, but just can't find a way for the track to progress into a full on tune
you just can't take it to that next part and bring it up another level
it's tough, keeping the vibe going and building
then they get stuck in limbo
there's a few bits in here that i absolutely love, but just can't wrap my head around how to go from there
NEOREV

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Post a reply